Wednesday, September 19, 2007

They call me demon part 2 (this post is from 9-14-07)




The first week of school is over and I have survived. It has been tiring, but other than that not too difficult. I am enjoying myself. However, it has come to my attention that some of my students may be afraid of me because my hair reminds them of a demon. During our WorldTeach orientation we were told that many people on the outer islands believe in demons, but I was under the impression that people in Majuro were less inclined to believe in such superstitions. Well I guess I was wrong. Oh well…the students can remember this year as the year that they had a demon for a teacher.

Please enjoy the pics I have taken over the last few weeks :)

To whomever wrote the comment below, please let me know since I am not sure who sent it.

"D said..."Sounds like a good challenging experience. Let me know if you have questions about behavior difficulties or special education."



You can view all the pics here:

Marshall Islands part 4

No comments: